This is a great opportunity which will offer career progression as the firm continues to grow.
The key objective of the role is to provide a high-quality service to clients which includes, the preparation of accounts and undertaking a variety of assurance assignment. The firm provides company audit services, client money audits and has a specialism in Charity accounts assignments which include audit and independent examination. The role will be a key part of delivering this service and its development within the firm. We would anticipate the split of this role to be 70% accounts preparation and 30% assurance assignments. The nature of the accounts preparation will be programmed to facilitate development of skills as required.
The accounts preparation element of the role will involve preparation of statutory accounts, and periodically management accounts, for review by the partner. A significant part of the role will be to supervise more junior members of staff with a view to reviewing their work and developing their skills.
For assurance engagements, the role will be to lead assignments, this will involve the planning of the work, significant input into the team planning meeting, developing and reviewing the work of the team and finalising files for manager review. The role will require client contact at the planning stages to ensure an efficient planning process.
It is our intention that this role develops further and should lead to involvement with the final close meetings (to ultimately leading those meetings) with the client for assurance assignments. In terms of development of the accounts role, this again should lead to discussions with the client to finalise accounts, briefing the partner where required and supporting the development of the relationship with the general client portfolio.
- Accounts assignments; preparing statutory accounts prior to filing deadlines and identifying issues for partner, resolving where possible and briefing partner accordingly
- Completion of disclosure checklist to ensure that accounts are in accordance with the relevant accounting framework
- Preparation of corporation and personal tax returns
- Review the work of more junior members of staff, give timely feedback to enable their development
- Prepare and plan the audit based on the client’s draft accounts and able to identify key risks and able to contribute to discussions on the audit approach.
- Carry out the assignments at the client’s premises, in the office or a combination of both. Ensure that all queries or concerns are raised with the client during the assignment and within the agreed timetable. (70% of the time assurance assignments will be carried out predominately in the office/WFH)
- Newly ACA/ACCA Qualified
- 4+ years practice experience within accounts & audit
- Able to build relationships with clients
- Team player
- Proficient with QBO, Xero, Sage
- £40,000 – £45,000
- 2 days per week remote working available
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Career progression into Management
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]