HMRC has published its latest advisory fuel rates, which come into effect for company car users from 1 September 2020.
Here is a summary of the changes since the last rates were published on 1 June 2020:
- Rates for petrol engines of 1400cc or less remain unchanged at 10p per mile
- Petrol rates for 1401cc to 2000cc engines remain unchanged at 12p per mile
- Rates for petrol engines of over 2000cc remain unchanged at 17p per mile
- Rates for LPG engines of 1400cc or less up by 1p to 7p per mile
- LPG rates for 1401cc to 2000cc engines remain unchanged at 8p per mile
- Rates for LPG engines of over 2000cc up by 1p to 12p per mile
- Rates for diesel engines of 1600cc or less remain unchanged at 8p per mile
- Diesel rates for 1601 to 2000cc engines up by 1p to 10p per mile
- Rates for diesel engines of over 2000cc remain unchanged at 12p per mile
- Rates for fully electric engines are unchanged at 4p per mile
Advisory Fuel Rates for Petrol and LPG
|Petrol – amount per mile
|LPG – amount per mile
|1400cc or less
|1401cc to 2000cc
Advisory Fuel Rates for Diesel
|Diesel – amount per mile
|1600cc or less
|1601cc to 2000cc
Advisory Electricity Rate
The Advisory Electricity Rate for fully electric cars is 4p per mile.
The previous rates can be used for up to one month from the date the new rates apply. The next advisory fuel rate review will take place on 1 December 2020.
TBL Accountants are your local accountancy firm operating in Southend and across Essex. We specialise in a variety of services as personal, business, and charity accountants. Want to find out more? Get in touch with our team today.
Here for you.