21 August 2020
Role Title: Senior Accounts Clerk
Department: Audit and Accounts
Reports To: Management
Training Partner: Chris Humpage (ICAEW) or Paul Stafford (ACCA)
We are looking for a skilled Accounts Clerk to join our Billericay practice, to perform a variety of accounting, auditing and financial tasks.
The key objective of this role is to be a productive and developing member of the audit and accounts team, while continuously improving your knowledge, ability and performance.
The Accounts Clerk role requires a proactive individual who can put their clients first, by helping prepare Financial Statements for sole traders and limited companies, and by preparing files for passing direct to partners.
The successful candidate will work with others to fulfil obligations to clients within time deadlines using software designed for the purpose and carry out other duties that are required from time to time. You will also undergo and complete ICAEW / ACCA examinations as required.
Key duties in this role include:
- Receiving allocated jobs from Work Programme and retrieve records from storage.
- Completing the planning for the job and an ongoing monitoring review before sending it onto management for review and determination of time budget.
- Receiving briefing from management and brief the job.
- Preparing working papers and drafting financial statements on CCH.
- Taking a key leadership role on all assignments including audits and other compliance.
- To undergo and complete ICAEW / ACCA examinations where necessary.
- To provide training and support to junior staff and be a role model in their development.
The ideal candidate
This is a great opportunity to develop a career in one of the most respected professions, ideal for an ACCA / ACA part qualified individual with drive and determination to achieve in the profession. The ideal candidate will have a strong willingness to learn and be confident in communicating with clients.
About TBL Accountants
TBL Accountants is a firm of chartered certified accountants, providing effective accountancy, VAT advice, business consultancy and more to businesses and individuals across Essex. Thanks to our successful partnership with First Call Accounting in 2019, our team has grown, and we now have offices based in Southend and Billericay. The firm is licenced for Audit work and undertakes various assignments of a regulatory nature. We are dedicated to the training and development of staff and maintaining a reputation of a quality service provision to clients.
How to apply
Interested in applying for this role? Please email us on email@example.com with your CV and covering letter, using the subject line “Billericay Senior”. We look forward to receiving your application.